1. Responsible Party
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the responsible party is:
KNUTH Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH
D-24647 Wasbek, Germany
Telephone +49 (0)4321.609.0
Fax +49 (0)4321.689.00
2. Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights with respect to our processing of your data:
(1) The right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR regarding our processing of your personal data, concerning the purpose of that processing, categories of data processed, recipients or categories of recipients, storage period or criteria for determining the period, right to correct, erase, limit or object to the processing, right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, information about the source of the data and the existence of automated decision making, if applicable, and information on guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in case of transfer to a third country or international organizations;
(2) The right to immediate correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of incomplete personal data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
(3) The right to erasure of stored personal data in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, if the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, if consent that was granted has been withdrawn and there is no other legal reason for the processing, if an objection to the processing has been lodged and the data may no longer be processed in accordance with Art. 21 Paras. 1 or 2 GDPR, if data has been processed unlawfully, if erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation or if data has been collected in relation to services provided by an information services provider in accordance with Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR. However, this does not apply if the processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to file, exercise or defend legal claims;
(4) The right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if you dispute the accuracy of the data (and for as long as is required to verify its accuracy), if the processing of the data is unlawful but you decline erasure and instead require restriction of its use, if the data is no longer required for the purposes of the processing but you need it to be submitted in order to file, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been established whether our legitimate grounds outweigh your legitimate grounds;
(5) The right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 2 GDPR (if the data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing) or pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR (if processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 e) or f) GDPR, for reasons relating to your particular situation, unless we have compelling reasons for the processing that merit protection and outweigh your interests, or the processing is used to file, exercise or defend against legal claims).
(6) The right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, that is, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another responsible person;
(7) The right to withdraw consent granted pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. The withdrawal of consent has the effect that we are no longer permitted to continue processing the data in the future, beginning when consent is withdrawn.
(8) The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us is shown in number 4 above. The right to lodge a complaint applies without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
(9) All requests for information, inquiries or objections to data processing should be sent to the address indicated under Point 1 Para. 2, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Automated Decision-Making
Automated decision-making is not used here.
4. Supervisory Authority
The address of the supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein
24103 Kiel, Germany
5. Storage of Access Data
(1) Upon every visit to our website, access data is stored in a log file on our provider’s server.
(2) This data set consists, e.g., of your IP address, the date and time of the request, the name of the file requested, the quantity of data transferred and the access status, a description of the web browser and operating system used, and the name of your Internet service provider.
(3) This data is collected for technical reasons. It is evaluated exclusively for statistical purposes and without personal reference (number of visitors and page popularity). The data is automatically erased after 14 days at the latest.
6. Collection of Personal Data for Informational Use
(1) When the website is used solely for informational purposes, i.e., if you do not register to use the website or provide us with other information, we do not collect any personal data, except for the data mentioned under 5.2, which your browser transmits to enable your visit to the website.
(2) When using our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in association with the browser you are using and by means of which the entity which sets the cookie (in this case, us) transmits certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They only serve in this case to make our website more user-friendly and effective overall.
– Transient cookies (temporary use)
– Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
– Third-party cookies (from third party providers)
– Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser, including session cookies. These store a session ID that assigns the various requests made by your browser during the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to the site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not received by your browser, but instead by your Flash plugin. They store the necessary data regardless of the browser you’re using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in using data processing for statistical assessments regarding the use of our website and to optimize the user experience on our site.
7. Use of Features on our Website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if desired. To do this, you generally must specify additional personal data, which we use in order to provide the relevant service. If additional voluntary information is possible, this is marked accordingly.
(2) When you contact the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, we will store your e-mail address and, if you specify them, your name and telephone number, in order to answer your questions.
8. Linked Services
For information on the internal processing of INSIGHTS data at Facebook, please read the respective policies at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum, which are summarized below:
Data subject rights may be asserted through Facebook Ireland and through us, however, according to the GDPR, the primary responsibility regarding the processing of Insights Data lies with Facebook.
We have no control over the processing of Insights data or any additional data that comes under Art. 13 GDPR, including legal basis, identity of the responsible parties and length of storage of cookies on end user devices.
Facebook fully complies with GDPR requirements in regard to the processing of Insights data. Facebook Ireland will provide data subjects with the essential information collected via the web page Insights link.
We are providing a link for you to connect with your account at Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103 U.S.A. For persons living outside the United States, the responsible party for data processing is Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2 D02 AX07, Ireland.
Twitter Inc. complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles. For more information, see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active
We have no influence on the type or extent of data processed by Twitter, the type of processing and use, or their sharing of data with third parties, and no effective means of control in this regard.
With your use of Twitter, your personal information will be collected, transmitted, stored, disclosed and used, whereby your data will be transmitted, stored and used in the U.S.A., Ireland, or any other country in which Twitter Inc. does business, regardless of your country of residence.
Twitter will process your voluntarily provided data, like name and username, email address, phone number, or contacts in your uploaded or synchronized address book.
Additionally, Twitter will review the content provided by you to assess the topics you are interested in, store and process confidential messages that you send directly to other users, determine your location by using GPS data, WIFI network data, or your IP address to allow them to send targeted advertisements or contents to you.
You can limit the processing of your data in the General Settings in your Twitter account under the option “Data Privacy and Security”. You can also limit Twitter’s access to your contacts and calendars, photos, location data, etc. under Settings on your mobile devices (smartphones, tablets). This, however, depends on the operating system used by your device. For more information on these topics, please visit the Twitter Support pages:
You can find out more on how you can view your data on Twitter at: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20172711#
Information on the conclusions Twitter draws from your data can be found here:
Information on available personalization and data privacy settings can be found here (with additional references):
In addition, you have the possibility to request information via the Twitter Data Privacy Form or the Archive Request Form:
On some of our web pages, we embed YouTube videos. The operator of the respective plug-in is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, U.S.A. If you visit one of our sites that includes a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube server is established. In this case, YouTube will be informed about the pages you visit. If you are signed into your YouTube account, YouTube is able to assign your browsing activity directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by signing out of your YouTube account.
If you have disabled cookies for the Google Ad program, then you should not get any cookies when viewing YouTube videos. YouTube will also store non-personal usage data in other cookies. If you want to prevent this, you will have to block cookies in your browser.
YouTube is used as part of displaying our online offers. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f) of the GDPR.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files that are saved on your computer and make it possible to analyze your use of the website. This type of use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f) of the GDPR. Information collected by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will first be truncated by Google in member states of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activities and provide the website operator with further services related to website and Internet use. Google states that the IP address communicated by your browser through Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being saved using the appropriate settings in your browser software; please note, however, that in this case you may not have full use of all the functions of this website. You can also prevent Google from capturing and processing the data collected by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de More information on the processing of user data by Google Analytics can be found in Google’s Data Privacy Statementhttps://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de. In cases where personal data will be transmitted to the U.S.A., Google will comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Our web pages use CloudFlare features. The provider is CloudFlare, Inc. 665 3rd St. #200, San Francisco, CA 94107, U.S.A. The operator of this web page uses services provided by CloudFlare. CloudFlare offers a globally distributed content delivery network with DNS. Data transfers between your browser and our web pages are routed through a CloudFlare network. This enables CloudFlare to analyze any data traffic between users and our web pages in order to identify and stop cyberattacks targeting our services. For the purpose of optimization and analysis, CloudFlare may store cookies on your device. This is necessary to protect our rightful interests in achieving optimum marketing of our offer and complies with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Item f) GDPR. For more information, please see https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
This website uses the services of MailChimp to send newsletters. The service provider is Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. MailChimp is a service that can be used to organize and analyze the dispatch of newsletters, among other things. If you provide information for the purpose of subscribing to the newsletter (e.g., an e-mail address), it is stored on MailChimp’s servers in the U.S.A. MailChimp is certified according to the “EU-US Privacy Shield.” The “Privacy Shield” is an agreement between the European Union (EU) and the U.S.A. that guarantees the respect of European data protection standards in the U.S.A. With MailChimp we can analyze our newsletter campaigns. If you open an e-mail sent by MailChimp, a file contained in the e-mail (called a web beacon) connects with the MailChimp servers in the U.S.A. It confirms whether a newsletter issue was opened and what links were clicked, if any. Technical information is also included (e.g., time of the request, IP address, browser type, and operating system). This information cannot be linked to the individual newsletter recipient. It is used only for statistical analysis related to newsletter campaigns. The results of these analysis can be used to make future newsletters better suited to the recipients’ interests. If you do not want to be included in any MailChimp analyses, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. We provide a link for doing this in each newsletter issue. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on the website. Data processing is done only with your consent (Art. 6, Sect. 1, part a of the GDPR [General Data Protection Regulation]). You can withdraw that consent at any time, by unsubscribing from the newsletter. The legality of any already completed data processing operations is unaffected by such withdrawal. We store the data that we collect from you for newsletter subscription purposes until you cancel the newsletter, and it is deleted from our servers and from the MailChimp servers after you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Data that we store for other purposes (e.g., e-mail addresses for membership) are unaffected by this. You can find more information on MailChimp’s data protection practices at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/terms/.
This page uses the Google Maps mapping service through an API. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use the Google Maps functions, your IP address must be stored. This information is usually sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this page has no influence on that data transfer. Google Maps is used as part of displaying our online offers, and to make locations mentioned on our website easy to find. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f of the GDPR. This type of use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f) of the GDPR. Additional information on user data processing can be found in Google’s Data Privacy Statement at:
9. Job Applications
If you would like to send us your job application per email, please note that the message will not be encrypted, and therefore, it cannot be guaranteed that no third party will read your e-mail. Alternatively, you can send us your information by regular mail.
10. Contact Form for Orders from the Main Catalog
You have the opportunity, via the “Contact” form on our website, to send us an encrypted e-mail with your queries.
So that we can address your queries, we ask you to enter your personal details in the submission form. This includes your name and e-mail address. In addition to the mandatory fields, you can also provide additional information. Optionally you can include your address and/or telephone number.
The requested information allows us to address your request comprehensively. The data you provide in this context is supplied expressly on a voluntary basis.
The personal data provided to us in your above-mentioned entries, as well as the time of the contact, are used exclusively for the purpose for which you made them available to us when making contact – in particular the processing of your request. The information given by you will be used exclusively to process your request. The data is not used for other purposes or passed on to third parties without your express consent. Excepted from this – if required to fulfill your request – are partner firms of KNUTH Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH. These may include, for example, our suppliers, transport and logistics partners and our trading partners. If there are no statutory retention obligations, your personal data will be deleted after processing of the request.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is that we need your details to process or respond to your message.
11. Liability for Contents
The contents of our pages have been compiled with great care. Nevertheless, we accept no liability for the accuracy, completeness, or current validity of the content. According to § 7 Para. 1 TMG, as a service provider we are responsible for our own content on this website per general legislation. According to §§ 8 to 10 TMG, however, as a service provider we are not obliged to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to look for indications of illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general legislation remain unaffected. However, any corresponding liability only exists from such point in time as we become aware of a specific legal violation. Should any such legal violation come to our attention, we will remove the offending content immediately.
12. Liability for Links
Our website contains links to external websites of third parties, over whose content we have no control. Therefore, we cannot accept any responsibility for this external content. Individual providers or operators of the linked sites are always responsible for the content of the sites. Linked websites were checked for any illegal content when the links were created. Illegal content was not apparent at the time the links were created. Continuous monitoring of the content of linked pages is not, however, reasonable without specific indications of legal violations. Should any legal violation come to our attention, we will remove such links immediately.
13. Data Security
We secure our website and other systems using suitable technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification, or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons. However, despite regular checks, complete protection against all risks is not possible.
Our website uses industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. By doing so, the confidentiality of your personal data over the internet is safeguarded. You can see whether an encrypted transfer is taking place by means of the locked key and padlock symbol in the display of your web browser.
14. Disclosing Data
We disclose your personal data to third parties only,
– if you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 a) GDPR;
– if the disclosure is required to fulfill contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 b) GDPR;
– if we are legally obliged to disclose the data as per Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 c) GDPR;
– if the disclosure of the data is in the public interest as per Art. 6 Para. 1 e) GDPR;
if the disclosure of data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR is required to preserve our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, if not outweighed by your privacy interests.
15. Third-Party Recipients
To process your requests satisfactorily, we may need to disclose your personal data to third-party recipients. Third-party recipients may be companies in the KNUTH group of companies (KNUTH Romania s.r.l.; KNUTH Industry OOO, COO “KNUTH Ukraine”; KNUTH (SA) (PTY) Ltd.; KNUTH Machine Tools, USA Inc.), our suppliers, transport and logistics partners or our trading partners.
16. Retention Period for Personal Data
Your data will only be stored for as long as is required for the purpose of the processing in question. In addition, we only store data when we are legally required to do so, e.g., based on statutory retention obligations.
17. Information About the Right to Object
An objection to the processing of personal data concerning you, based on Article 6 Para. 1 e) (data processing in the public interest) or f) (data processing to safeguard legitimate interests based on a balance of interests) is possible at any time pursuant to Article 21 GDPR. In the event of an objection, the personal data is no longer processed, unless compelling reasons for the processing that merit protection outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned or the processing is used to file, exercise or defend against legal claims.
Please direct your objection to the e-mail address email@example.com
18. Information on the Right to Withdraw Consent
If you have given us consent to process personal data, you may withdraw this consent from us at any time. This obviously also applies to us with respect to prior statements of consent issued before May 25, 2018 (before the GDPR went into effect). The revocation of consent always applies only with effect in the future. The lawfulness of the processing is not retroactively eliminated by a withdrawal of consent. Please direct your withdrawal of consent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Current validity
This Data Privacy Statement is the version as of 02/07/2019. It is the current and valid version of our Data Privacy Statement.
Please note, however, that from time to time, based on changes in legislation or circumstances, modifications to the Data Privacy Statement may become necessary.
20. Data Protection Officer
In case of data privacy questions, please contact our Data Privacy Officer at:
Vater Solutions GmbH