Data protection is very important to us!
When you use these websites, the protection of your personal data is taken very seriously. Below you will find information about the collection, processing and use of your personal data when you visit these websites and use the services and features offered there.
1. Information on Personal Data
(1) Personal data is individual details that relate or could relate to a person, such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, banking information, etc. Under certain circumstances, personal data may be used to identify a person.
(2) The service provider pursuant to § 13 of the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz – TMG) and the responsible body in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
KNUTH Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH
Telefon +49 (0)4321 – 609 0
Telefax +49 (0)4321 – 689 00
2. Rights of the person concerned
You have the following rights with respect to our processing of your data:
(1) the right to information, in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR regarding our processing of your personal data, concerning the purpose of that processing, categories of data processed, recipients or categories of recipients, storage period or criteria for determining the period, right to correct, erase, limit or object to the processing, right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, information about the source of the data and the existence of automated decision making, if applicable, and information on guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in case of transfer to a third country or international organizations;
(2) the right to immediate correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of incomplete personal data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
(3) the right to erasure of stored personal data in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, if the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, if consent that was granted has been withdrawn and there is no other legal reason for the processing, if an objection to the processing has been lodged and the data may no longer be processed in accordance with Art. 21 Paras. 1 or 2 GDPR, if data has been processed unlawfully, if erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation or if data has been collected in relation to services provided by an information services provider in accordance with Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR. However, this does not apply if the processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to file, exercise or defend legal claims;
(4) the right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if you dispute the accuracy of the data (and for as long as is required to verify its accuracy), if the processing of the data is unlawful but you decline erasure and instead require restriction of its use, if the data is no longer required for the purposes of the processing but you need it to be submitted in order to file, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been established whether our legitimate grounds outweigh your legitimate grounds;
(5) the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 2 GDPR (if the data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing) or pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR (if processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 e) or f) GDPR, for reasons relating to your particular situation, unless we have compelling reasons for the processing that merit protection and outweigh your interests, or the processing is used to file, exercise or defend against legal claims). You can find further information on the right to object in section 23 below;
(6) the right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, that is, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another responsible person;
(7) the right to withdraw consent granted pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. The withdrawal of consent has the effect that we are no longer permitted to continue processing the data in the future, beginning when consent is withdrawn. See also section 24 below;
(8) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us is shown in number 4 above. The right to lodge a complaint applies without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
(9) All requests for information, inquiries or objections to data processing should be sent by email to email@example.com or to the address indicated under Point 1 Para. 2.
3. Automated Decision-Making
Automated decision-making is not used here.
4. Supervisory Authority
The address of the supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Schleswig-Holstein Independent Centre for Privacy Protection [Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein], Holstenstraße 98, 24103 Kiel,
Tel.: +49 431 988-1200, Fax: +49 431 988-1223
5. Storage of Access Data
(1) Upon every visit to our website, access data is stored in a log file on our provider’s server.
(2) This data set consists, e.g., of your IP address, the date and time of the request, the name of the file requested, the quantity of data transferred and the access status, a description of the web browser and operating system used, and the name of your Internet service provider.
(3) This data is collected for technical reasons. It is evaluated exclusively for statistical purposes and without personal reference (number of visitors and page popularity). The data are automatically erased after 14 days at the latest.
6. Collection of Personal Data for Informational Use
(1) When the website is used solely for informational purposes, i.e., if you do not register to use the website or provide us with other information, we do not collect any personal data, except for the data mentioned under 5.2, which your browser transmits to enable your visit to the website.
– transient cookies (temporary application)
– persistent cookies (time-limited application)
– third-party cookies (from third-party providers)
– Flash cookies (long-term application)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser, and include session cookies in particular. These store a session ID that assigns the various requests made by your browser during the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to the site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not received by your browser, but instead by your Flash plugin. They store the necessary data regardless of the browser you’re using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in using data processing for statistical assessments regarding the use of our website and to optimize the user experience on our site.
7. Use of Features on our Website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if desired. To do this, you generally must specify additional personal data, which we use in order to provide the relevant service. If additional voluntary information is possible, this is marked accordingly.
(2) When you contact the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, we will store your e-mail address and, if you specify them, your name and telephone number, in order to answer your questions.
9. Contact Form
You have the opportunity, via the “Contact” form on our website, to send us an encrypted e-mail with your queries. Here you can send questions about our company, our products or our services, for example.
So that we can address your queries, we ask you to enter your personal details in the submission form. This includes your name and e-mail address as well as other information, such as the subject of your request and your message. In addition to the mandatory fields, you can also provide additional information. Optionally you can include your address and/or telephone number.
The information requested allows us to address your request comprehensively. The data you provide in this context is supplied expressly on a voluntary basis.
The personal data provided to us in your above-mentioned entries, as well as the time of the contact, are used exclusively for the purpose for which you made them available to us when making contact – in particular the processing of your request. The information given by you will be used exclusively to process your request. The data is not used for other purposes or passed on to third parties without your express consent. Excepted from this – if required to fulfill your request – are partner firms of KNUTH Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH. These may include, for example, our suppliers, transport and logistics partners and our trading partners. If there are no statutory retention obligations, your personal data will be deleted after processing of the request.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is that we need your details to process or respond to your message.
10. Liability for Contents
The contents of our pages have been compiled with great care. Nevertheless, we accept no liability for the accuracy, completeness or current validity of the content. Pursuant to § 7 Para. 1 TMG, as a service provider we are responsible for our own content on this website in accordance with general legislation. According to §§ 8 to 10 TMG, however, as a service provider we are not obliged to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to look for indications of illegal activity.
Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general legislation remain unaffected. However, any corresponding liability only exists from such point in time as we become aware of a specific legal violation. Should any such legal violation come to our attention, we will remove the offending content immediately.
11. Liability for Links
Our website contains links to external websites of third parties, over whose content we have no control. Therefore, we cannot accept any responsibility for this external content. Individual providers or operators of the linked sites are always responsible for the content of the sites. Linked websites were checked for any illegal content when the links were created. Illegal content was not apparent at the time the links were created. Continuous monitoring of the content of linked pages is not, however, reasonable without specific indications of legal violations. Should any legal violation come to our attention, we will remove such links immediately.
12. Data Security
We secure our website and other systems using suitable technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons. However, despite regular checks, complete protection against all risks is not possible.
Our website uses industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. By doing so, the confidentiality of your personal data over the internet is safeguarded. You can see whether an encrypted transfer is taking place by means of the locked key and padlock symbol in the display of your web browser.
13. Disclosing Data
We disclose your personal data to third parties only
- if you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 a) GDPR;
- if the disclosure is required to fulfill contractual obligations pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 b) GDPR;
- if we are legally obliged to disclose the data as per Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 c) GDPR;
- if the disclosure of the data is in the public interest as per Art. 6 Para. 1 e) GDPR; or
- if the disclosure of data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 f) GDPR is required to preserve our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, if not outweighed by your privacy interests.
14. Data Categories
We process the following categories of data: master data (such as company and, if applicable, contact person, address), communication data, contract data, claims data, payment and late payment information, if applicable. Refer to the above information.
15. Third-Party Recipients
To process your requests satisfactorily, we may need to disclose your personal data to third-party recipients.
Processing Partner Companies
Third-party recipients may be companies in the KNUTH group of companies (KNUTH Romania s.r.l.; KNUTH Industry OOO, COO “KNUTH Ukraine”; KNUTH (SA) (PTY) Ltd.; KNUTH Machine Tools, USA Inc.), our suppliers, transport and logistics partners or our trading partners.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”: text files that are saved on your computer and make it possible to analyze use of the website. Information collected by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will first be truncated by Google in member states of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activities and provide the website operator with further services related to website and Internet use.
(2) Google states that the IP address communicated by your browser through Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data. However, we cannot guarantee this; we recommend that you use the plugin specified in 9.4.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being saved using the appropriate settings in your browser software; please note, however, that in this case you may not have full use of all the functions of this website.
(4) You can also prevent Google from capturing and processing the data collected by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are processed in truncated form, and it is generally impossible for them to be directly linked to a person.
(6) Google Analytics is used in accordance with the requirements agreed between Google and the data protection authorities. Details of third-party providers: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Privacy Overview: : http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
With our newsletter we keep you informed about us and our products.
If you would like to receive the newsletter, we need a valid e-mail address for you, as well as information allowing us to verify that you are the owner of the provided e-mail address or have the owner’s consent to receive the newsletter. If available, as an option you can enter a name and title so that we can address the newsletter to you personally. This information is only used for sending the newsletter and will not be given to third parties. In order to verify ownership of the e-mail address, an e-mail will be sent with a link to activate the subscription (Double Opt-In). When you sign up for the newsletter, we store your IP address and the subscription date for the legally permissible length of time, beginning on the date of the subscription. This stored data is used for detection in the event that a third party misuses an e-mail address and signs up to receive the newsletter without the knowledge of the authorized user. You can withdraw your permission for us to store your information and e-mail address, and use them to send you the newsletter, at any time. You can unsubscribe through a link in the newsletter itself, or by using the contact options above and below it.
MailChimp or Chimpstatic
This website uses the services of MailChimp to send newsletters. The service provider is Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. MailChimp is a service that can be used to organize and analyze the dispatch of newsletters, among other things. If you provide information for the purpose of subscribing to the newsletter (e.g., an e-mail address), it is stored on MailChimp’s servers in the U.S.A. MailChimp is certified according to the “EU-US Privacy Shield.” The “Privacy Shield” is an agreement between the European Union (EU) and the U.S.A. that guarantees the respect of European data protection standards in the U.S.A. With MailChimp we can analyze our newsletter campaigns. If you open an e-mail sent by MailChimp, a file contained in the e-mail (called a web beacon) connects with the MailChimp servers in the U.S.A. It confirms whether a newsletter issue was opened and what links were clicked, if any. Technical information is also included (e.g., time of the request, IP address, browser type, and operating system). This information cannot be linked to the individual newsletter recipient. It is used only for statistical analysis related to newsletter campaigns. The results of these analysis can be used to make future newsletters better suited to the recipients’ interests. If you do not want to be included in any MailChimp analyses, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. We provide a link for doing this in each newsletter issue. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on the website. Data processing is done only with your consent (Art. 6, Sect. 1, part a of the GDPR [General Data Protection Regulation]). You can withdraw that consent at any time, by unsubscribing from the newsletter. The legality of any already completed data processing operations is unaffected by such withdrawal. We store the data that we collect from you for newsletter subscription purposes until you cancel the newsletter, and it is deleted from our servers and from the MailChimp servers after you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Data that we store for other purposes (e.g., e-mail addresses for membership) are unaffected by this. You can find more information on MailChimp’s data protection practices at:: https://mailchimp.com/legal/terms/.
We use products of wiredminds GmbH (www.wiredminds.de) for marketing and optimization purposes. These products collect and process your personal data and use it to create usage profiles under a pseudonym. These usage profiles are fully anonymized where possible and appropriate. We and wiredminds employ cookies and/or Web beacons (also known as tracking pixels) on this website. We transfer the data we collect about you, which may also include personal data, to wiredminds or wiredminds gathers this data directly. wiredminds is entitled to use information that you leave behind by visiting our Web sites to create anonymized usage profiles. The data collected shall not be used to personally identify visitors to this website without the express permission of the party affected and shall not be merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. Any IP addresses recorded are anonymized immediately by deleting the last number block. Permission to collect and store data in the future may be revoked at any time. Exclude from tracking.
Use of Google Maps
This page uses the Google Maps mapping service through an API. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use the Google Maps functions, your IP address must be stored. This information is usually sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this page has no influence on that data transfer. Google Maps is used as part of displaying our online offers, and to make locations mentioned on our website easy to find. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f of the GDPR. More information on user data processing can be found in Google’s data protection declaration:
DoubleClick by Google
We use the online marketing tool DoubleClick by Google. DoubleClick sets cookies in order to display relevant ads to users, improve campaign performance reports, or prevent a user from seeing the same ads multiple times. Google uses a cookie ID to determine which ads are shown in which browser and can thereby prevent them from being displayed multiple times. In addition, DoubleClick can use cookie IDs to perform so-called conversions related to ad queries.
These can occur if a user sees a DoubleClick ad and later calls up the advertiser’s website with the same browser and buys something there. According to Google, DoubleClick cookies do not contain any personal information. Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of these tools, and we inform you according to the extent of our knowledge: Through the DoubleClick connection, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our Internet presence or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not signed in, it is possible for the provider to acquire and store your IP address. You can prevent your exposure to these tracking processes in several ways:
a) by using the corresponding setting in your browser software to block third-party cookies, so that you do not receive any ads from third-party advertisers;
b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking, for which you set your browser so that cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, and this setting is canceled if you disable your cookies;
c) by deactivating the provider’s interest-related ads that are part of the self-regulated “About Ads” campaign, using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and this setting is canceled if you disable your cookies;
d) by long-term deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome browser using the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin,
e) by using the corresponding Cookies Einstellung. Please note that in this case you may not be able to fully use all the functions of this website. You can find more information on DoubleClick by Google at https://www.google.de/doubleclick and on Google’s general data protection at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Alternatively you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has accepted the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) f of the GDPR.
External scripts from Google Fonts are used on these websites. Google Fonts is a service of Google Inc. ("Google"). These web fonts are obtained from a server, generally a Google server in the USA. As part of this process, the server determines which of our websites you have visited.
These fonts are used as part of displaying our online offers. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f of the GDPR. The IP address of the browser on the device used to visit these websites is stored by Google. Detailed information is available in Google’s data protection notices, which you can access through these links:
Use of YouTube
Our website uses plugins from the YouTube site operated by Google. The operator of the site is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our sites that is equipped with a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube server is established. This tells the YouTube server which of our sites you have visited. If you are signed in to your YouTube account, YouTube is able to assign your browsing activity directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by signing off of your YouTube account. YouTube is used as part of displaying our online offers. This use is authorized under Art. 6, Sect. 1, item f of the GDPR. Additional information on user data processing can be found in YouTube’s data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Use of social media plugins
(1) We currently use the following social media plugins: Facebook, Twitter. We use what is known as the 2-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data at all is passed on to the providers of these plugins. You can identify the plugin provider from the first letter in the grayed-out box.
Personal data is only transferred if you click on one of the plugins. If you activate the plugin, data is automatically sent to the relevant plugin provider, and stored there (in the USA for American providers). We do not have any influence on the data collected or the data processing procedures, nor do we know the full extent of the data collection, the purposes thereof, or the storage period. Because the plugin provider collects data in particular using cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies using your browser’s security settings before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) When you activate a plugin, the plugin provider receives the information that you have opened the relevant sub-page of our online offer. The data listed under point 4 of this declaration is also transferred; in the case of Facebook, the relevant providers in Germany have stated that only an anonymized IP address is collected. This happens regardless of whether you have an account with this plugin provider and are logged into it. If you are logged into the plugin provider, this data is assigned directly to your account. If you press the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plugin provider also saves this information to your user account and publicly informs your contacts. If you do not want data to be assigned to your profile with the plugin provider, you must log out before pressing the button.
(3) The plugin provider saves this data as a usage profile and uses it for advertising, market research and/or user-friendly website design purposes. This type of evaluation is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) mainly to produce relevant advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; if you wish to exercise this right, you will have to approach the relevant plugin provider.
(4) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and how it is processed by the plugin provider in the data protection policies of these providers listed below. These also give you more information about your related rights and the settings you can use to protect your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the relevant providers and URLs with their data protection policies:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA;
http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection:
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA;
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA;
16. Retention Period for Personal Data
Your data will only be stored for as long as is required for the purpose of the processing in question. In addition, we only store data when we are legally required to do so, e.g., on the basis of statutory retention obligations.
17. Information About the Right to Object
An objection to the processing of personal data concerning you, on the basis of Article 6 Para. 1 e) (data processing in the public interest) or f) (data processing to safeguard legitimate interests on the basis of a balance of interests) is possible at any time pursuant to Article 21 GDPR. In the event of an objection, the personal data is no longer processed, unless compelling reasons for the processing that merit protection outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned or the processing is used to file, exercise or defend against legal claims.
Please direct your objection to the e-mail address datenschutz @knuth.de
18. Information on the Right to Withdraw Consent
If you have given us consent to process personal data, you may withdraw this consent from us at any time. This obviously also applies to us with respect to prior statements of consent issued before May 25, 2018 (before the GDPR went into effect). The revocation of consent always applies only with effect in the future. The lawfulness of the processing is not retroactively eliminated by a withdrawal of consent.
Please direct your withdrawal of consent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Current validity
This data protection declaration is the version as of 17.12.2018. It is the current and valid version of our data protection declaration.
We note, however, that from time to time, on the basis of changes in legislation or circumstances, a redrafting of the data protection declaration can become necessary.
20. Data Protection Officer
In case of data protection questions, please contact our data protection officer at:
Vater Solution GmbH
Frau Kerstin Lange
or by e-mail at KeLange@vater-gruppe.de.