Senior Service Engineer
As a KNUTH Senior Service Engineer your primary role is to demonstrate, install, and troubleshoot machines from our product portfolio. The primary focus of this position is to work on our conventional and CNC machines, especially lathes, grinders, and cutting machines including lasers. This position is based out of our headquarters in Lincolnshire, IL and requires travel up to 50%.
Additionally, this position involves interfacing with our customer base. To be successful you will be adept at multi-tasking, organized, flexible, attentive to detail, as well as strongly self-motivated.
- - Demonstrate machine to customers
- - Inspect assembled equipment, to ensure proper functionality and installation
- - Inspect all operating parts to ensure proper operation within expected tolerances
- - Install equipment at customer location
- - Troubleshoot equipment for proper operation
- - Professionally interact with customers and internal project managers during field projects
- - Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- - Give phone support to customer
- - Travel approximately up 50% of the time
- - Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
- - Strong troubleshooting skills including: knowledge of complex hydraulic, electrical, computer, and mechanical systems; test equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment; and electronic components
- - Ability to read and analyze technical information from schematics, manuals, and technical drawings
- - Basic computer skills (Windows based programs and email)
- - Customer oriented
- - Strongly self-motivated
- - Team player
- - Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record according to company standards
- - Must be able to work with minimal supervision in the field
- - Bilingual Spanish a plus
- - Competitive salary
- - Health, dental, and life insurance
- - 401K
- - 11 Paid holidays
- - Paid Vacation/Sick Time
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your job-specific application documents. Please send your application by e-mail only to the attention of Mr. Waehner.
No employment agencies please.
Do not apply if you are not qualified for the position. .