The next generation is ready to go (2018)
Philip and Kristian Knuth represent the 4th generation to lead the family business.
KNUTH has become a full-range supplier for the metalworking industry
The continuously expanded portfolio covers every need, from CNC and conventional machining technologies to a wide variety of sheet metal working technologies. Today, KNUTH is a leading machine tool supplier for virtually any machining and metalworking needs - a global company with subsidiaries and distribution partners in more than 30 countries.
In 2010, the construction of this large new facility was completed. It includes an office building complex, spacious show rooms and warehouses. In 2002, KNUTH opened their new Service and Technology Center on an area of 21,528 sq ft (2,000 sqm). This center performs all testing of KNUTH machines according to ISO 9001 quality standards, and all service calls are coordinated here.
Another generation (1983)
In 1983, Karsten Knuth entered the family business and expanded the product portfolio by adding conventional machine tools from Taiwan.
Wood vs. metal (1960s and 1970s)
The great era of woodworking begins. In 1960, Karl Knuth takes over the position of Northern German General Agent for the Italian wood working machine manufacturer, SCM Remini, and these machines turned out to be a true sales hit. By the end of the 1960s, the KNUTH portfolio was realigned with an increased focus on metalworking: Metalworking machines and vises from India generated new growth and an expanded workforce, which finally led to the long-awaited move of the business to a new building in Neumünster.
Reestablishment in Neumünster (1946)
In 1946, Gerhard and his son, Karl, start up their business in a former sauerkraut production and fish smokery facility in Neumünster. Their initial portfolio included tools, ball bearings, and small machine tools.
Founding of the original business in Königsberg (1923)
In 1923, Gerhard Knuth founded the business, which started as a shop for hardware and small machines in Königsberg. The business recorded great growth and employed 23 people by the time WW2 started. Operation continued until 1944, but 1945 the business had to close due to WW2.